North BurLINKton ChillZone Program Staff
The North BurLINKton Chill Zone is a grassroots neighbourhood based children’s program. During the school year we provide participants access to healthy food, homework help, recreation, fun activities and crafts. Staff and volunteers work together to create an understanding and open space for kids to experience a positive sense of community, provide a place to belong, and opportunities to develop new skills and try active and arts activities.
There are 2 FREE weekly after-school programs in North Burlington. Each site is open from 3:00 to 6 pm and has qualified staff and great volunteers.
There is a supervised walking bus between Rolling Meadows Public School and the Tuesday program location at Calvary Baptist Church. ChillZone meets at Tansley United Church in the loft on Thursdays.
This spring, with the support of Burlington’s Healthy Kids Community Challenge, ChillZone will feature physical literacy activities, gardening and a food skill development component. We always have homework help and serve healthy snacks!
Community Development Halton is looking to fill a short term contract position for the role of a program staff for North BurLINKton’s ChillZone program at its Tansley and Calvary locations.
The program staff position includes the following responsibilities:
- Assisting the program coordinator with program delivery;
- Direct interaction with program participants, developing positive relationships, encouraging active and safe participation;
- Assisting healthy snack preparation and snack serving; and
- Program clean up at the end of program.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with elementary school age children in a community recreation setting
- First aid and CPR certified
3 hours twice a week (total of 6 hours)
2 month contract
Closing Date: April 13th at 4 pm
Please forward resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org